UK Micro Magic Constitution
The full title of the Association shall be,
UK Micro Magic Association (MMA)
The objectives of the MMA are;
– to promote and further the interests of the Micro Magic Class throughout the UK in accordance with the Association’s Philosophy
– to encourage and co-ordinate national competition in the class
– to produce, manage and maintain the adopted Class rule.
– to provide good, fair, close racing;
– to minimize the cost of competition;
– to improve the quality of national competition;
– to provide enjoyment for all competitors;
– to introduce and encourage new recruits to Micro Magic sailing.
4. MMA Committee
There shall be up to four elected Committee Members.
– Treasurer/Membership who shall produce to the members a balance sheet and statement of accounts of the preceding financial year to the AGM. The financial year will be 1st January to 31st December.
– Technical/Publicity Officer
– Race/Events Officer
Any elected member of the Committee other than the Chairman may nominate an alternate member who can attend Meetings in his absence.
The Committee shall have the power to fill any vacancy occurring on the Committee of the Association except that of the Chairman.
Each committee member shall have one vote at committee meetings.
In addition to the above committee members, Area representatives and a training officer may be co-opted to the committee and each co-opted member shall have one vote at committee meetings.
The Chairman shall represent the UK MMA on the Micro Magic International Committee.
In the event that the Chairman is unable to fulfil this role, he/she may nominate an alternate Committee Member to carry this duty.
Committee Members shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and shall retire at the next AGM.
Committee Members may be re-elected.
Co-opted Committee Members shall retire at the next AGM but are then eligible for further co-option.
All nominations must be made in writing, (the Class forum is acceptable) with the agreement of the nominee and shall be proposed and seconded by current Association Members.
The new Committee elected at this meeting shall have full powers from the AGM.
6. Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The AGM will be held on-line (on at least four weeks notice) via the MMA website and will consider:
a) The election of the Committee
b) Approval of the accounts
c) Approval of subscriptions for the next following year
d) Any constitutional changes
Any rule changes Results of the AGM will be announced at the National Championships and there will be no voting at the National Championships on these issues.
Each member will have one vote on each of these matters.
The decision will be reached by simple majority.
At the discretion of the committee, any other business may be discussed and voted on by the attendant members at the National Championships.
The quorum for such will be 10 members. In Committee meetings three Committee members shall form a quorum.
7. Membership The following classes of membership shall be recognised:
(i) Full Membership
Full Membership shall, upon payment of the prescribed annual subscription be open to anyone owning and/or sailing a Micro Magic.
A full member shall have one vote at the AGM.
This constitution may only be amended by motion of an Annual General Meeting.
7 Feb 2009